Re: Controlling quality of 3d plot

From: Oz Nahum
Subject: Re: Controlling quality of 3d plot
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 13:09:23 +0200

Hi,
Thanks again for your reply.

>Chage
>  [X,Y,Z]=meshgrid(-7:0.5:7,-7:0.5:7,-7:0.5:0);
> [X,Y,Z]=meshgrid(-7:0.1:7,-7:0.1:7,-7:0.1:0);

This is really nice, I should have thought about it my self.
The only trouble is, it takes much much longer to execute, and mouse interaction is really slow now.
I guess it's too heavy for my poor graphic card...

>In my case gnuplot shows angles in bottom-left corner of
>window, like this "view: 60.0000 30.000". Calling
>view(60,90-30) in octave you get the same result.

Thanks, that's a nice trick

>octave doesn't know about mouse-gnuplot interactions.
shame that would be a really nice feature IMHO.

Also, I've tried installing jhandles. No success at all, even though I have java and jre and jdk in my debian machine. I wish there were debian packages. I must say, this project seems maintained but it has completely no documentation which is a bit of a shame.

from the jhandles README:
 "Testing has only been done under Windows; there's a high probability
that it does not work under UNIX systems."

Is this guy serious ? It's not like testing it on linux is hard. I've spent too much time reading dead mailing lists links on how to install jhandles without much succes.

Sorry about the criticism, but I always thought octave is great but maintained and documented in a little bit cranky way.

Oz.

--
----
           Imagine there's no countries