Re: Object Oriented Programming in Octave

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Object Oriented Programming in Octave
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 00:09:43 +0200

Banerjee,Pradipto wrote:

Hi,

I have a question whose answer I couldn’t find on the Octave website. Does Octave support Object Oriented Programming, e.g. functions like classdef, properties, methods, etc?

Thanks,

Pradipto

Not the new style Malab OOP with classdef, but the old style OOP is supported in Octave 3.2.0.. There was discussion of implementing classdef style OOP and there is some very very early code on the developers list. Come back in 6 to 12 months and I'm sure the situation will have changed. Till then use the old style OOP. Matlab has only supported the classdef OOP stuff for about 18 months themselves so there is lot more old style OOP code out there in any case.

D.

35 rue Gambetta                              +33 1 46 04 02 18 (Home)
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt FRANCE            +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)