error message:feval: function `java_exit' not found

From: Avraham Rosenberg
Subject: error message:feval: function `java_exit' not found
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 16:31:43 +0300

Dear all,
After a long time in which I did not use the program (last version used
2.1.73), I installed octave 3.2, from the Debian repository.
My operating system is Linux Debian testing/unstable.
I was very agreeably surprized by the progresses made in the meantime, but
it also takes some learning.
After checking that I am still able to do some simple tasks, I pressed
Cntrl-D to leave. Octave exited with the message:
error: feval: function `java_exit' not found
Thinking that maybe this is connected with the java package, I downloaded
and installed it with pkg install -global java-1.2.6.tar.gz (as root), but I
still
get the same error message.
No answer to the querries which java_exit, and locate java_exit at the
shell prompt.
The version of java installed systemwide by Debian is
java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.18.

Any suggestions?
Thanks Avraham

--
Please avoid sending to this address Excell or Powerpoint attachments.