Writing GPU Array Type: Which Array Class to Inherit From?

From: cjbattagl
Subject: Writing GPU Array Type: Which Array Class to Inherit From?
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 10:38:24 -0700 (PDT)

I've written a GPUArray class that maintains a pointer to memory in GPU space
so that certain operations can be outsourced to the GPU. However, right now
I am inheriting from octave_base_value and only storing the device memory
pointer.

I would like to inherit my data type from a 2-dimensional array class so
that I can maintain both CPU and GPU memory (so that methods not yet
implemented on the GPU can be handled by the CPU- and swap data between
Host/Device memories only when necessary).

What would be the best Array or Matrix class for me to inherit from? The
liboctave folder is full of them! I would like my data type to work
interchangeably with standard matrix datatypes. i.e, would MArray2 be best?

Thanks!
Casey