Running Matlog in Octave

From: Philipp Leser
Subject: Running Matlog in Octave
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:51:33 +0100

Hey;

I try to play around with some Vehicle Routing Problems and the according m. files in the Matlog toolbox (http://www.ise.ncsu.edu/kay/matlog/). I do not have a license for MATLAB at home (only at the university), so I wanted to run the toolbox from Octave. I tried it at the university and the files do run in MATLAB.

The functions vrpsweep and vrpsavings create an error when called using the simple example presented in the help/comment section in the header of the file. The error occurs in the first real line of code :

error:

error: called from

         vrpsavings at line 41 column 1

keyboard : stopped in C:\Octave\3.2.2_gcc-4.3.0\bin\matlog\vrpsavings.m

debug>

Line 44 column 1 is :

error(nargchk(1,6,nargin))

Checking nargin in debug mode results in nargin = 2 (as expected). So   1<nargin<6. Where is the problem? Probably I am dumb, but I don’t know where to start.

ThX in advance.

P.S.: sorry for my bad English. I am no native speaker.