Re: Missing libmx.so

From: Andreas Kuntzagk
Subject: Re: Missing libmx.so
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:13:04 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 17-Nov-2009, Andreas Kuntzagk wrote:

| Hey thanks, that took me some steps further.
| | Now (after many problems I managed to solve myself) it complains about | missing symbol mxErrMsgTxt when running the code. It does not complain | when run mkoctfile --mex

Is it mxErrMsgTxt or mexErrMsgTxt?  There is no mxErrMsgTxt function
in Octave, or documented to be a part of Matlab, but there is a
mexErrMsgTxt function.

The code really calls mxErrMsgTxt. I'll try to replace that with mexErrMsgTxt and see if it works then.

What version of Octave are you using?

3.2.3

Btw. I'd like to show you the code, but this is some really tangled mess of Matlab/Octave, cplex, shogun-toolbox, python and shell wrapper scripts. So I have a hard time figuring out where the errors come from and what to post here for diagnosis.

Looking deeper into the code I find it's in some places calling
mexErrMsgTxt as well. So maybe this was just a typo that was not noticed since the part of the code did not get called.

regards, Andreas