Re: calling octave from C

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: calling octave from C
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:19:48 -0500

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
> No, surely not. The m-file is just being passed through, it doesn't "know"
> anything about the bindings.

I'm not sure what you mean by "know" and really what that has to do
with the GPL.

Both interpreters are combined to the same executable--you have a
black box with two streams of input data. On the one side you have the
octave interpreter reading m-files. On the other side you have the
python interpreter reading python files. My question is how
specifically you can distinguish between the two streams such that
different licensing conditions are applied to the two streams. If you
can't explain why one stream is different from the other, you can't
have it both ways. It's all or nothing.

--judd