Re: error package installation: panic: impossible state reached in file

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: error package installation: panic: impossible state reached in file `load-path.cc' at line 657
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:06:44 -0800

I've downloaded the package 'plot-1.0.7.tar' and had no problems with the
installation on my mac os X 10.4.11 after moving the package to
'/Users/hfm'. Note that the file that I downloaded had no .gz extension or
file was already uncompressed by mac OS. I've checked on one of nine files
in the package.
Henry

octave-3.2.2:1> pwd
ans = /Users/hfm
octave-3.2.2:2> pkg install plot-1.0.7.tar
octave-3.2.2:3> help tics
`tics' is a function from the file /Users/hfm/octave/plot-1.0.7/tics.m

 tics(axis,[pos1,pos2,...],['lab1';'lab2';...])

 Explicitly set the tic positions and labels for the given axis.

 If no positions or labels are given, then restore the default.
 If positions are given but no labels, use those positions with the
 normal labels.  If positions and labels are given, each position
 labeled with the corresponding row from the label matrix.

 Axis is 'x', 'y' or 'z'.

Additional help for built-in functions and operators is
available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
`doc <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at http://www.octave.org and via the address@hidden
mailing list.
octave-3.2.2:4> help plot
`plot' is a function from the file
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/s
hare/octave/3.2.2/m/plot/plot.m