Re: Strange extra line when plotting

From: Fizz44
Subject: Re: Strange extra line when plotting
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:45:14 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton-3 wrote:

> On  8-Dec-2009, Nighteye wrote:
>
> | Here is the graph
> |
> http://s469.photobucket.com/albums/rr51/Joza90/?action=view&current=octaveline.jpg
> |
> | And here is the code (quite simple):
> |
> | A=load("-ascii","dataout.txt);
> | q=A(:,1);
> | P=A(:,2);
> | loglog(q,P);
> |
> | Data seems ok to me (I guess I should not post it as it is quite long)
> so I
> | wonder what im doing wrong..
> |
> | I tried restarting octave already. I've got Octave-3.2.2
> |
> | And I didnt post a bug report because I don't think this is a bug. It
> must
> | be me doing something wrong.

This looks to me like a "flyback" to one "bad" point. If so, there are no
points along that line, you can tell by doing:
loglog(q,P,"*").  If so, the value of the bad point is near ~ (1E-3,1E6).
If you look close, the flyback comes from near (but not at) the end of the
data set;  To get it's index (line number in the data set), try:  find (q  <
1.2E-3).  Then you could use a text editor to remove it from the data file.