Re: tikz terminal

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: tikz terminal
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:27:29 -0500

 On Monday, January 18, 2010, at 10:17AM, "Dingwen Yuan" <address@hidden> wrote:
>Hi Ben,
>
>When I execute drawnow ('lua', 'plot.tikz', false, 'gnuplot.gp'), it outputs
>"
>set terminal lua
>                      ^
>         line 0: unknown or ambiguous terminal type; type just 'set
>terminal' for a list
>
>         line 0: No terminal defined
>".
>But actually, I have managed to install the lua terminal for gnuplot.
>I don't know whether it's octave does not use the default gunplot
>(version 4.2 patch 6, on which set terminal lua returns successfully).
>I installed octave by directly calling "apt-get install octave-3.2",
>do I need to do a build from source, or is there any way to set the
>gnuplot that octave uses?
>
>regards,
>
>Dingwen

>From Octave's command line type "help EXEC_PATH"

octave:2> help EXEC_PATH
 -- Built-in Function: VAL = EXEC_PATH ()
 -- Built-in Function: OLD_VAL = EXEC_PATH (NEW_VAL)
     Query or set the internal variable that specifies a colon separated
     list of directories to search when executing external programs.
     Its initial value is taken from the environment variable
     `OCTAVE_EXEC_PATH' (if it exists) or `PATH', but that value can be
     overridden by the command line argument `--exec-path PATH'.  At
     startup, an additional set of directories (including the shell
     PATH) is appended to the path specified in the environment or on
     the command line.  If you use the `EXEC_PATH' function to modify
     the path, you should take care to preserve these additional
     directories.

Using this function you can modify octave's shell path. If the version of
gnuplot you've built shows up first then you should be ok.

On unix systems you can check which gnuplot octave will use by typing 'system
("which gnuplot")'

Ben