Re: Octave User Interface

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Octave User Interface
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 17:30:58 +0100

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Brad Ochocki <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a long-time user of MatLab, and am trying to switch to GNU Octave
> because it is open source and, well, free.  I've installed the Windows
> Installer from Octave-Forge, and have Octave up and running.  However, I'm a
> bit disappointed that the programme's user-interface is limited to the
> Windows command line interface.

This is caused by the fact that the intersection of the set of people
who need specialized GUIs with the set of people who are willing to
actually contribute to the project tends to be very small. My habits
even evolved to the point where I tend to be disappointed by programs
that don't offer a scriptable command-line interface :)

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer