file input question

From: Tim Rueth
Subject: file input question
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 22:50:40 -0800

I'm still learning the mechanics of running Octave in Windows.  Could
someone please answer these three questions:

1) I'm running Octave 3.2.2 on Windows Vista. The Octave directories (bins,
etc.) were installed in C:\Program Files\Octave\.... Is this where the
.octaverc file should reside? Or in one of these subdirectories?

2) How do I make a .octaverc file without a .txt extension in Windows?

3) I plan to keep the octave programs that I write/run in a different
directory. When I call up octave, how do I get it to come up in this
directory. Do I just put in a "cd <dir>" command in .octaverc?

Thanks!