ginput with Octave 3.2 is SLOOOOOOWWWW on Windows

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: ginput with Octave 3.2 is SLOOOOOOWWWW on Windows
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:56:27 +0100

Dear all

The ginput() function is very slow on my Windows XP machines. On Mac OS X or
Linux, ginput(1) returns immediately after clicking on a plot. On Windows,
however, it takes several seconds to return after a click (Octave 3.2 with
gnuplot, using the "stock" ginput, not the one from the plot package available
at Octave-Forge). This makes using ginput() impractical, especially in
situations where several clicks are required. I suspect the slowness has to do
with the Octave/gnuplot interaction and it somehow reminds me of this thread:
http://old.nabble.com/Plotting-with-3.2.0-on-Windows-is-SLOOOOOOWWWW-td24703690.html
 .

Is there a fix or workaround to the ginput slowness?

Matthias

----
Matthias Brennwald, Käferholzstrasse 173, CH-8046 Zürich, +41 44 364 17 03