Re: Getting a character matrix out of a cell array " column" ?

From: forkandwait
Subject: Re: Getting a character matrix out of a cell array " column" ?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:57:56 +0000 (UTC)

> When asking questions on this list, it's better to avoid referring to
> functions that are not part of Octave. I don't exactly know what
> csv2cell does, although the name seems quite descriptive.

Sorry, it is an octave forge thing (io I believe)

> You probably want
> char (stuff(2:end, 1));

char() + the weird cell array magic (parens not curlies) is exactly what I was
looking for.

> Note that depending on what you intend to do with the list, keeping it
> as a cell array may be more suitable.

True, though I mostly just wanted to figure out cell arrays a little better.

My vague goal is to figure out / write some tabulation functions that are more
sophisticated than tabulate() and table(), and can do N-Way tables, with
weights, and with categorical variables.

> hth

As always, yes. :)