Re: kernel density smoother?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: kernel density smoother?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 00:30:28 -0600

On 11 March 2010 22:02, forkandwait <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there a standard kernel density smoother for octave?

A what? A mollifier? You don't just mean convolution with a Gaussian, do you?

>  (... wishing there were a benevolent dictator of octave libraries....)

It's unlikely there ever will. I think Søren is the closest we have.
The problem is that such a dictator would have to take over
maintenance of quite a heterogenous bunch of code in various states of
maintenance and disarray.

Are you volunteering?