Re: Editing .txt file in Octave

From: socware
Subject: Re: Editing .txt file in Octave
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:39:53 -0800 (PST)

Thank you Newman..
That would had been my question too but you already gave the solution.

Now once I am able to read the data I want to do curve fitting and get the
value of the coefficients which gives me minimum error.

I_d=a*(V_g-b)^2  the value of I_d and V_g I get from the two columns. I have
around 2000 values of I & V.

I have a pseudo code which will give an idea what I want to do.

i,j=0
V_g= data from 2nd column
I_d= data from 1st column
for a=a0/10 to a0*10                # the value of a0 can be between some
range like 100 to 10000
  i=i+1
  for b=b0/10 to b0*10              # the value of b0 can be between some
range like 30 to 3000
    j=j+1
    I_dfit(1:size(V_g))=a*(V_g-b)^2
    error(i,j)=sum( (I_fit(1:size(V_g))-I_d(1:size(V_g)))^2 )
  end
end
bestIandJ=findminimum(error)

Any suggestion how do I proceed.?