Re: Communications Toolbox for Octave.(rsgenpoly, rsenc, rsdec, matlab)

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Communications Toolbox for Octave.(rsgenpoly, rsenc, rsdec, matlab)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:32:39 +0200

A shang wrote:
hi all, I am trying to encode some data using a CCSDS implementation of Reed
Solomon (255, 223) wtih Matlab. I think I have a problem when using the
'rsenc' and 'rsdec' function. According to Matlab, 'rsgenpoly.m' is defined
as (x-alpha^B)*(x-alpha^(B+1)) ... (x-alpha^(B+N-K-1)) where N=255 and
K=223, whereas for CCSDS is defined as
(x-alpha^(11*112))(x-alpha^(11*113))...(x-alpha^(11*143)). I have got a
program of 'rsgenpoly' function downloaded in "Communications Toolbox for
Octave" . So I can get the correct CCSDS code generator polynomial. But i
didn't find the programs for 'rsenc.m' and 'rsdec.m' function in
"Communications Toolbox for Octave". Is anyone can give me some advices or
the 'rsenc.m' and 'rsdec.m' function. Thanks in advance. In addition,the
authors of " Communications Toolbox for Octave" are David Bateman, Laurent
Mazet and Paul Kienzle,how can i contact them. Thank you.
Because they are compiled functions and are in the file gf.cc ... How did you get your version of Octave? Does the distribution you are using supply the communication package already (check the command "pkg list"). If not, why not just install the octave-forge communications package with the pkg function and let Octave itself deal with ensuring that these functions are installed correctly?

D.