Updating sequential cell elements

From: AlbFrigerio
Subject: Updating sequential cell elements
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 00:01:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone, I've a question about cell elements.

Let A=cell(1,N) be a cell and every A{i} be a structure ,i.e.
A{i}={a,b,c,d,...} . Is it possible to initialize (or update) them all
together , using something like A{1:N}.a = 1 ?  I tried that command but it
gave me an error.
I could obviously make a for loop, I'm only looking for a (probably) faster
way.

Thanks a lot,
   Alberto