RE: Using OpenCV in Octave for Windows

From: Hennecke Marcus
Subject: RE: Using OpenCV in Octave for Windows
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 21:28:23 +0200

Wow, this list is great! Thanks for the quick replies and sorry for not getting
back sooner, I was actually out of the city.

Thank you very much for looking into this!

Yes, this is the installer I used.

> I had a quick glance on OpenCV-2.1.0-win32-vs2008.exe, but
> I'm not familiar with cmake, and couldn't quite find out how
> the octave wrappers are supposedly being built (I thought I
> might just manually do this).
> They provide dlls, import libs and include files, but all in
> msvc style.
> [...]
> I also tried recreating the nnn_wrap.cpp files from the
> opencv-2.1.0 sources using swig, but here swig stops with a
> syntax error in its own libraries/headers ?!?

Wow, thanks for trying all of this! Thus far I had only searched the Internet
and various mailing lists and support forums but not yet actually tried
compiling it. I was hoping I could get by with precompiled binaries.

This is a good idea. I will try it and report back.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Marcus