Re: download octave to windows 7

From: PerB
Subject: Re: download octave to windows 7
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 23:57:16 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe Mathilde's question is that trivial but I also have problem with Ocatve
and Windows.

I have downloaded and installed the latest Ocatve-Forge binaries
(Octave-3.2.4_i686-pc-mingw32_gcc-4.4.0_setup.exe) on both a Windows 7 and a
Windows XP (SP3) machine. Both machine were "clean", i.e. no previous
GNUplot or Octave installations present. I have not CygWin installed either.

Octave installs and I can start the Octave command line interface and the
text part and calculations seams to work OK.  But plotting do not work.

A simple

>plot(1:10);

will first give a warning of obsolete function isstr and doing it a second
time will open a GNUplot window and plot a line but then the GNUplot window
hangs and becomes non responsive.

Starting GNUplot command line interface by it self (wgnuplot.exe) and do
some sample plots e.g.;

gnuplot>plot [-10:10] sin(x) )

is not a problem so the GNUplot installation seams to work OK.

Am I missing some Octave graphics drivers/DLLs/function/pacakges or what ?

Thanks,
/Per