Octave debugging (emacs)

From: Johnny Carlsson
Subject: Octave debugging (emacs)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 00:12:59 +0200

Hi all,

I am using Octave 3.2.4, through Emacs 23.2.1, under Fedora 13 and am looking for efficient ways to debugging code. I have found the debug_on_interrupt et. al. functions, but I can't see how to use it efficiently (for now, I run Octave as an inferior Emacs process and issue debug commands for the script there before executing the script; ideally I'd like to see a simple method to set-view-remove breakpoints and watch variables). Thus, what are your experiences in debugging in Octave efficiently? Any recommendations on this would be highly appreciated! Also, any comments on Octave debugger and GUD are welcome (I have no experience with GUD, however it seems to be an effort directed at debugging within Emacs; is Octave compatible with GUD?)

Thanks!

Johnny