print -F does nothing

From: Stanislav Pika
Subject: print -F does nothing
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:10:09 +0200

Hi!

I am trying to make illustrations to my thesis using Octave 3.2.4,
Gnuplot 4.4 and Ghostscript 8.71 on Debian Squeeze. I have to make the
font size bigger, but it seems that the `-F:<size>' feature of print()
doesn't have effect:

print ("Pictures/nyquist.eps", "-deps2", "-F:20")

Actually, I see that for very big values of <size> the distances between
lines of text in for example legend become larger, but not the letters
themselves.

What can be the reason of such behaviour? Is there something I can do?
Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Stanislav Pika