Re: libraries order during linking

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: libraries order during linking
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 17:00:53 +0200

On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 05:18:27AM -0700, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> [...]

It's my understanding that the order at build time doesn't matter. At
run time, the linker needs to find the symbols and will take the first
match. So, as long as ATLAS comes before the normal BLAS when resolving
the symbols, the ATLAS functions will be taken.

One can achieve that by ldd.conf or LD_PRELOAD.

In fact, Debian packages are built without ATLAS even being installed.

        Thomas