Re: using Octave from C++

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: using Octave from C++
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 08:00:09 +0900 (JST)

Hello

To my knowledge, it is impossible to use the octave C++ libraries of
octave/mingw32 from the MSVC.

You can make standalone program by

mkoctfile --link-stand-alone

In the above command, the MinGW GCC compliers (version 4.4.0) and MinGW linker
are used if you use
octave-3.2.4/mingw32.

For the detail of the stand alone program, please see the octave manual

Appendix A Dynamically Linked Functions
A.3 Standalone Programs

If you want use octave libraries from the MSVC, perhaps you should build octave
by the MSVC toolkits.
It is logically possible. However it is also very very hard work so that I do
not recommend to try it.

* In the past, there existed the MSVC versions of octave.  They were deleted
from the octave-forge
site due to the license issue.

Regards

Tatsuro