Re: isa strangeness

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: isa strangeness
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 22:36:24 +0200

Am Montag, 16. August 2010, 22:16:03 schrieb Richard E. Harke:

> Thanks for the explanation. I don't think I saw anyplace that
> said the second parameter to isa was a string. I think I had
> something like a C enum in mind.
>
> Richard

No problem that is what the mailing list is for.
If you followed the rest of the discussion there are several ways to get
information:
help fcn
doc fcn
type fcn

you can also do
help help
help doc
help type

where fcn is the functionname, the last one is for looking into the code if it
is an m-file function (you can use it as a emergency brake if nothing else
gives you info and it is a simple way to see how octave itself is programmed).
It does not show compiled functions (most of them c++, some fortran) for which
you directly need to look into the source files if interested.
In any case if you simply do not understand something after looking to the
help or manual, simply ask here.

- mh