Re: fminunc error

From: Gaël de Lannoy
Subject: Re: fminunc error
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 10:40:50 +0200

 It seems to be the same problem as reported in the debug list :

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/more-bugs-in-fminunc-td1668254.html

On 1/09/2010 10:06, Gaël de Lannoy wrote:
   On 31/08/2010 17:39, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 31-Aug-2010, Gaël de Lannoy wrote:

|    Hello everybody
|
| I have recently quit matlab for octave. I am trying to use fminunc in a
| matlab-like style and get the following error:
|
| error: unknown option 'maxit'
| error: evaluating if command near line 136, column 5
| error: evaluating if command near line 135, column 3
| error: evaluating while command near line 116, column 1
| error: called from `read_options' in file
| `/usr/share/octave/2.1.57/site/m/octave-forge/miscellaneous/read_options.m'
                       ^^^^^^

Octave 2.1.57 is quite old, and was just a development snapshot if I
recall correctly, not an actual released version.  Where did you get
it, and why did you decide to install it instead of the current stable
version, 3.2.4?

I can't say for sure that it would fix the problem you are seeing, but
you would probably be a lot better off using the current stable release.

jwe
I have no choice it is a server here where I only have user access and
has this outdated version. I have tried the same code on my own machine
with octave 3.0.1 and I get the exact same error :-(