Re: [octave - Help] Executing user-defined functions

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [octave - Help] Executing user-defined functions
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 07:45:47 -0400

The only reply address was address@hidden ... so I'm replying to the help list.
Perhaps the individual will spot it there?

On Sep 1, 2010, at 1:34 AM, SourceForge.net wrote:

> Read and respond to this message at:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/forums/forum/8521/topic/3833388
> By: joshuarajan
>
> How do I run functions I have authored and stored in C:/Octave/abc with the
> .m extensions? I tried addpath but the "unable to locate" error is generated
> whenever the said functions are called.

addpath is the correct function

        addpath ("C:/Octave/abc")

If that doesn't work, what do you get when you try ...

        dir C:
        dir C:/Octave
        dir C:/Octave/abc

If you type the name of a function that does't exist ...

        xoctave:1> foobar
        error: `foobar' undefined near line 1 column 1

I searched the sources, and don't see the error "unable to locate".

Can you show us what you did to produce the error?

Ben