Symbolic electrical computations ?

From: CdeMills
Subject: Symbolic electrical computations ?
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 08:43:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm trying to perform parameter identification on electrical circuits. Input
is admittance over some frequency range, output are the expected components
values. I use 'invfreqs' from the 'signal' package, get some polynomial,
then from the theoretical value of the admittance, deduce the values of
capacitors and resistors.

Currently, I'm doing 'back-of-the-envelope' computations of the admittance
as a polynomial in s, but this is not very convenient. Is someone aware of
an Octave-compatible program which would start from a circuit description,
and perform a sorted out impedance/admittance computation ?

Regards

Pascal