Re: newbieQuestion: how do I open .m files with octave on a windows mach

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: newbieQuestion: how do I open .m files with octave on a windows machine?
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:23:18 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Execute octave by clicking icon, you can see the octave screen,

*******************
GNU Octave, version 3.2.4
Copyright (C) 2009 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "i686-pc-mingw32".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

octave-3.2.4.exe:1>

*******************

octave-3.2.4.exe:1>
is the prompt. After that I will write it as '>>'.

Go to the folder where you save your script file, here we assume that the
folder path is
'c:\usr\tatsu\test\testOctave' and a name of script name is test.m

Contents of test.m

% plottest.m
x=linspace(0,2*pi,100);
plot (x,sin(x));
drawnow;

Type at the octave prompt

>> cd c:\usr\tatsu\test\testOctave
>> plottest

Note that current octave does not have any GUI frontend, if you would like to
use GUI frontend.
You can use QtOctave or Xoctave.

Please care that the above two project are independent of octave project.
Please do not make inquiry for those here.

Regards

Tatsuro