configure does not find arpack in 3.3.53 or 3.3.52

From: Alexandru Cabuz
Subject: configure does not find arpack in 3.3.53 or 3.3.52
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:14:37 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to compile octave 3.3.53 with GotoBLAS2 and octave compiles great except it does not find arpack. I have tried also 3.3.52, same result.

configure: WARNING: ARPACK not found.  The eigs function will be disabled.

But I have arpack installed, in /usr/lib nice and proper. Why does it not detect it ? I need the eigs function.

I am on debian stable on an 8 core xeon 5550, Dell precision with 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP

Thank you!
--
Alexandru I. Cabuz
Tel: +33 (0)6.70.70.46.41

--- Please no Word or Powerpoint attachments.
Send plain text, rich text format, html, or pdf instead.