Re: configure does not find arpack in 3.3.53 or 3.3.52

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: configure does not find arpack in 3.3.53 or 3.3.52
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 15:23:42 -0400

On 23-Oct-2010, Thomas Weber wrote:

| On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 10:17:41AM +0200, Alexandru Cabuz wrote:
| > What does
| >        $ dpkg -l *arpack*
| > give?
| >
| > See below. In short, I have libarpack2 and libarpack2-dev installed.
|
| This is strange. There should be nothing special necessary in order for
| Octave's configure to pick up arpack in this case.
|
| Can you post your config.log file, please?

An uncompressed config.log file is about 1.5MB and the mailing list
will reject it as too large.  Although the log file is useful for
debugging, I don't think we want to increase the size limit for
messages posted to teh list.  Most of the 1100 members of the list
won't be interested in that file, so at least compress it.  Or create
a bug report in the bug tracker and attach it there.

jwe