Re: octave, arpack, umfpack

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: octave, arpack, umfpack
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:54:33 -0500

On 18-Nov-2010, sibu xolo wrote:

| thanks for your suggestion,  unfortunately this will not work for me
| because:-
| A)I have a modern version of atlas(3.9.32) and lapack (3.2.2) and  I  want
all
| fortran-based  numeric programs using the same consistent BLAS/LAPACK
| interface(S).
| B)the  octave-3.3.53 autoconf script 'sees' installed  umfpack and arpack
| provided they are not linked to  the atlas(BLAS) and lapack I have installed.

I don't understand what the problem is.  You are going to have to
provide more information about precisely why the configure script is
failing to detect the libraries.  I suggest you look at the output in
config.log.  What does that tell you about why the libraries you want
to use are not detected.

| (I am hoping) is cause for optimism  that a fix  (with  someone making my
day)
| is  on the way.

You may have to "make your own day" since I don't see the problem that
you are having.

jwe