A purely serial build

From: M C
Subject: A purely serial build
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:08:32 +0000

Hi,

I'm new to octave, and I was wondering if it is possible to build a purely serial build, i.e. one which does not use calls to fork (as in the source files syscalls.cc and toplev.cc). I need this in order to link with a third party library which affords user-space checkpointing of the running application, but one of the limitations this approach requires is that the application (octave in this case) does not fork (or use any IPC tools).

I'd be very grateful if anyone could let me know if such a build is possible, and if it is, how to go about building it.