Re: Enlarge tickmarks font size?

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Re: Enlarge tickmarks font size?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 01:04:18 +1100

Thank you very much - that works fine on screen.  But when I print to a file, with

print('-deps','plotfile.eps')

the tick labels are as small as ever.  Why does the print command not pick up the fontsize, and how can I print to a file using larger fonts?  I've discovered that

print('deps','F:20','plotfile.eps')

has no effect.

Thanks again,
Alasdair

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Jan 13, 2011, at 4:45 AM, Alasdair McAndrew wrote:

> I'm preparing some plots for student notes, but when I print them the ticklabels are too small.  But I can't seem to find how to change their size!
>
> Any help would be most gratefully received.
>
> Thanks,
> Alasdair

Try ..

       set (gca, "fontsize", 14)

If that doesn't work, let us know what version of Octave you are running.

Ben