Re: structures in oct files

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: structures in oct files
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:42:33 +0000

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 3:25 PM, jacques.beilin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do not know whether this question has already been sent to the list. In
> this case I am sorry to ask again.
>
> I would like to know if there is somewhere a tutorial and/or examples about
> oct files.
>
> I found  this :
> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Oct_002dFiles.html#Oct_002dFiles
>
> I wrote some sample programs but I have parameter problems when I try to
> call other oct files from an oct file. I try to send structures as input and
> output.

When I have done similar, I have made a c++ function that actually
does the job I want. To make this available from Octave I have then
written a DEFUN_DLD that does extra parameter checking and then calls
the actual function. If I want to call the function from other c++,
then I call it directly. I pass by reference, to keep things quick.

If you want more helpful comments, you may have to provide the list
with more details of your approach, and the problems you had.

--
/* andy buckle */