RE: Latest Version of Octave Binaries for Windows

From: jmhill
Subject: RE: Latest Version of Octave Binaries for Windows
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:45:25 -0800 (PST)

I have an issue with how Octave runs versions of .m files.
I used the following installer for Windows.

Octave-3.2.4_i686-pc-mingw32_gcc-4.4.0_setup

The issues are that:

o If Octave is already running and I create a new .m file, dir shows that
the
   .m file is in the working directory but Octave cannot find it.  If I
restart
   Octave, then it can find the .m file.

> dir
.   ..   HelloWorld.m
> HelloWorld
error: 'HelloWorld' undefined near line 20 column 1

o Also, if I make a change to a .m file, Octave will not recognize that a
change
   was made and continue to execute the prior version.  If I issue the clear
   command, then Octave sees the new version of the .m file.

These issues are a bit of an irritation.
Jonathan