Re: testing binary of octave-3.3.90 (mingw32) is uploaded

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: testing binary of octave-3.3.90 (mingw32) is uploaded
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 07:26:58 +0900 (JST)

Hello
--- Philip Nienhuis wrote:

> Some observations:
>
> - Initialization (I mean between the moment that the CMD window shows up and
> that the Octave prompt is finally shown) can take relatively long (> 30
> seconds, CPU load at 100 %). Unwary users may assume that Octave 'hangs";
Perhaps loading time dynamic link libraries and oct files increased.
seconds.

> - Gnuplot works beautifully out-of-the-box; but in FLTK backend, all text is
> mangled. I assume this is because you compiled it with ?Japanese? UNICODE
> libs? (just a guess)

Please try to set 'LANG' environment variable to 'us'
putenv('LANG','us')

If it works, please describe it in the startup file.

> - 3.3.90 is much faster than octave-3.2.4 MingW (probably because you
> supplied SSE3 libs; still the default SSE2 stuff offers more speed than
> octave-3.2.4).
>
> Anyway, nice build. I'll try to test it some more later this weekend and
> next week.

Feed back is really appreciated toimprove the octave.

Thanks!

Tatsuro

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/