Legend box and reverse?

From: Luke M
Subject: Legend box and reverse?
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:48:22 -0800 (PST)

In my .octaverc from a previous version, I have:

set(0,'DefaultAxesKeyReverse','on');
set(0,'DefaultAxesKeybox','on');

Obviously this was to make Octave more similar Matlab plots by default.
However, this changeset removed this ability:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/e81914f3921f

I see I can achieve the same effect by calling:

legend boxon
legend right

But I don't see a way to set it by default.  I realize Matlab does not have
a factory setting for the legend, but is there a reason I should not try to
make a changeset to restore this functionality?  Or is it there and I'm
missing it?  I can't imagine it would hurt FLTK plotting, which was the
reason given for this change.