Re: [octave - Help] Availability ofWindows version of Octave 3.4

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: [octave - Help] Availability ofWindows version of Octave 3.4
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 03:33:19 +0900 (JST)

Hello
--- Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2011, at 7:24 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
>
> > On Mar 4, 2011, at 7:06 PM, SourceForge.net wrote:
> >
> >> Read and respond to this message at:
> >> https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/forums/forum/8521/topic/4397254
> >> By: peja1
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> When is installer version of Octave 3.4 for Windows coming out?
> >> The link is still pointing at version 3.2.4.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >
> > It is being worked on, but is not complete yet.
> >
> > I'm not participating in that effort. So I cannot estimate when it might be
> > done.
> >
> > Ben
>
> See the link below.
>

> https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2011-March/044908.html
>
> Ben

As Ben has pointed, please use octave on cygwin if you would like to use octave
3.4 at this moment.
Benjamin Lindner, who is a maintainer of official release binaries on mingw are
preparing them.

I am a build tester octave on mingw platform. The source of octave 3.4.0 has
bugs specific to mingw
build and they have not been solved.  Interestingly bugs are not happen in the
development source.

Perhaps it requires a little bit time octave-3.4 on mingw coming up.
Please wait or use cygwin version at this moment.

Regards

Tatsuro