octave3.4.0 install problem: BLAS and LAPAK required

From: Li, Ji (2)
Subject: octave3.4.0 install problem: BLAS and LAPAK required
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 14:15:09 -0500

I am trying to install Octave-3.4.0 on SUSE Linux version 10. I have Atlas 3.8.3 and Mkl 11.1.0.073 installed, but ./configure still complains "You are required to have BLAS and LAPACK libraries". I tried configure with --with-blas and --with-lapack options, and it doesn't work. What is missing here? Thanks a lot!

I checked mailing list archive, and some suggested using "apt-get", but my machine doesn't have this command.

Thanks,
-Ji