RE: Interpolating signal from 4 sec to 1 sec

From: William Krekeler
Subject: RE: Interpolating signal from 4 sec to 1 sec
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 13:42:07 +0000

From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Rick T
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 1:14 AM
To: address@hidden
Subject: Interpolating signal from 4 sec to 1 sec

Interpolating signal from 4 sec to 1 sec tia sal22

Greetings All

I have a signal that cycles twice from 0 to 4 seconds  and

would like to interpolate the signal to cycle twice when

it goes from 0 to 1 second.  I know it's an issue with my xi

variable I'm just not sure how to fix it.

PS: the example is just a simple sine wave equation but I'll be importing an

audio wav file, that's why I chose to use interpolate

%Interpolation test

clear all, clc,clf,tic

x= linspace(0,2*pi,400); %from 0 to 4 sec

fs_rate=100

freq=2;

y=sin(freq*(x));

xo=linspace(0,length(y)/fs_rate,length(y)); %go from 0 to x sec

xi=linspace(0,1,length(y)); %go from 0 to 1 sec

new_y=interp1(xo,y,xi,'linear');

subplot(2,2,1),plot(xo,y),title('Orginal signal over 4 sec')

subplot(2,2,3),plot(xi,new_y),title('Entire signal over 1 sec')

tia sal22

--
-

Not sure why you would only want to interpolate a portion of the signal as you would then have two different effective sample rates which will impact your ability to analyze the data. A quick interpolation method is the function spline.

Bill Krekeler