Re: How do you install octave?

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: How do you install octave?
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 08:10:30 +0100

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 4:46 AM, Chethan S <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Recently I installed Octave in Ubuntu 10.10 from source. I just used,
> ./configure, make and sudo make install commands. Now that I have freshly
> installed Ubuntu 11.04 I am interested to know what parameters do you use
> during configure - like 64-bit support, links to various libraries etc.
>
> Can anyone write down the typical configure options for me?

The typical configure for me is nothing, because the defaults are
eminently sensible.

1) with a mercurial checkout, there is a HACKING file that is quite
useful. This may be in the archive source bundles. not sure.
2) The bootstrap options can be passed to ./autogen.sh
./bootstrap --help
3) ./configure --help

--
/* andy buckle */