Re: nlfilter undefined error

From: Chethan S
Subject: Re: nlfilter undefined error
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 05:05:40 +0530 (IST)

Hi all!

I have a function written in MATLAB which goes as follows:

function dir(subfn)
fh = eval(['@' subfn]); % Function handles
I2 = uint8(nlfilter(I, [7 7], subfn));

function [gamma] = ew(I)
end

function [gamma] = nw(I)
end

function [gamma] = nd(I)
end
end

When I try calling the function as I call it in MATLAB,
octave:4> dir('ew')
I get the following error:

error: `nlfilter' undefined near line 16 column 12
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: called from:
error:   /home/chethan/dir.m at line 16, column 4

Do I have to change anything in the nlfilter line or is calling functions/function handles different in Octave? In MATLAB it works fine without any error

nlfilter is part of the image package from Octave-Forge. Do you have that installed?
As I am very new to Octave, I didn't know about it. So I have it installed now. But now I get a different error.

error: feval: function `ew' not found
error: called from:
error:   /usr/local/share/octave/packages/image-1.0.14/nlfilter.m at line 119, column 6
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error:   /home/chethan/dirvar.m at line 16, column 4

What is the problem now?

Thanks and regards,

Chethan S.