Source for GUI Octave?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Source for GUI Octave?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:52:17 -0500

Hello, Joaquim. Note that I'm CC'ing the general Octave help mailing
list who would be interested to hear abou tthis.

We haven't heard from you in a while. I hope you're well, you seem
quite busy making GUI Octave releases. You might be interested to know
that we're working on a native GUI for Octave to be distributed along
with Octave, and we really need Windows help. We're using Qt, and have
recently started using Scintilla too, which I believe you also use.
What GUI toolkit are you using? Would you be interested in helping us?

As you can see from the discussion forwarded below, people are really
taking notice in GUI Octave. It happens to be the first Google hit for
that search term, and I see that there is a lot of activity in your
forum for it. Congratulations, you are doing a good job of promoting
Octave. Thank you for that.

I am writing knowing if you've made any progress in releasing the
source for it. We could probably use it to learn a thing or two for
our own native GUI in development regarding Windows compilation. I
notice that you use a permissive modified BSD-like license to
distribute GUI Octave, which allows modification, but how do you
expect people to modify GUI Octave without its source? I'm hoping you
can correct this minor oversight soon.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.