Re: Core function SQP

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Core function SQP
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 17:40:46 +0200

Dear Olaf,

Yes, the problem I posted isn't feasible.
There isn't a vector with \ell^2 norm equal to 10 and each component
lower than 1. This was just to show that sqp is not handling info == 6
of qp
This is fixed by adding (as minimal solution) the lines

    if info == 6
        warning("sqp: QP: The problem is infeasible.");
    end

at line 445 of sqp.m
In this way the user is forced to check whether their equalities and
inequalities are compatible. That is, the user is not forced to check
why sqp is trying to multiply a matrix with an empty vector.

On the other hand I bumped into this with a nonlinear problem which
linearization, as far as I can see, makes it not feasible. Can it be
possible? so far, I haven't found an answer in Bertsekas books.

At the moment I am trying to write the derivatives of constraints and
cost function, to see whether the discrete approximation is the issue.

Thanks

JPi

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal