Re: inadequate/inconsisten 'help pkg' message; problems with downloading

From: c.
Subject: Re: inadequate/inconsisten 'help pkg' message; problems with downloading
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 14:31:38 +0200

Hi,

I believe this is rather an OCS issue than a prolem with pkg.m
so, if any further discussion occurs, the thread it should be moved to the
octave-forge mailing list.

On 6 Aug 2011, at 13:16, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> I've looked further into the issue of ocs-0.1.1 warnings. The package has
> coming with it PKG_ADD file:
>

> But 'addpath' complains about non-existent directories, e.g.:
>
> warning: addpath:
> /mnt/sdb8/sergei/AFSWD_debug/20110601/octave-3.4.2/lib/octave/packages/ocs-0.1.1/i686-pc-linux-gnu-api-v45+/../utl:
>  No such file or directory
> .
> So, who's duty is it to create the missing paths which PKG_ADD wants to
> add ?
>
> Is it the duty of 'pkg.m' ?
> Or maybe build mechanism of ocs-0.1.1 should have created them first ?
>
> Or build mechanism of ocs-0.1.1 does create them, but 'pkg.m'  does not
> copy them to destination ?

The directories are created and copied correctly for me on MacOSX 10.6.8 and
Ubuntu 10.10
the warnings come from a bug in PKG_DEL that I just fixed in the repository.
I also removed warnings due to matlab-style short circuit operators.

> Thanks,
>  Sergei.

c.