Re: use octave library in program stand alone

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: use octave library in program stand alone
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 16:14:34 -0500

On 5 September 2011 12:15, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> where is possible to find the examples for the use of library in c++
> program?

The Octave manual has an explanation about this:

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Getting-Started-with-Oct_002dFiles.html

The following is also a classic reference, which may help you, but
note that it is very old and inaccurate in many places:

    http://octave.sourceforge.net/coda/index.html

> I would like to use the deviation standard in my software, but I
> don't find this function in API C++.

The std.m function isn't in C++, so you have to call the Octave
interpreter from C++. Here is an example:

    #include <iostream>
    #include <string>

    #include <octave/oct.h>
    #include <octave/parse.h>

    int main()
    {
      using namespace std;

      //Define a matrix, give it some values
      octave_idx_type n = 10, m = 10;
      Matrix x(n,m);
      for(octave_idx_type i = 0; i < n; i++)
        for(octave_idx_type j = 0; j < n; j++)
          x(i,j) = cos(i+2*j);

      //Read the function
      octave_function* f = load_fcn_from_file("std.m");

      //Evaluate the std function on this matrix
      cout << feval(f, octave_value(x))(0).matrix_value() << endl;
    }

Compile it with

    mkoctfile myoct.cc --link-stand-alone -o myoct

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.