Re: ga / communications package

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: ga / communications package
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 00:07:11 +0100

Hi Levente

aopologies for the very late response (2 months and half later). I do
not know if you ever solved your problem about installing the
communications package but today someone posted the same problem and
turns out that the problem have been fixed all this time in the
development version. We have just released a new version, 1.1.0 that
should solve it.

Again, apologies for the time it took us to solve this,
Carnë Draug

2011/10/9 Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>:
> 2011/10/9 Carnë Draug <address@hidden>:
>> On 9 October 2011 17:03, mralpro <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hello, Im trying to install octave 3.4.2 in ubuntu 10.04 and I have the same
>>> problem. =(
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> you have reported this on the wrong mailing list. communications is a
>> package of the octave-forge project. I'm CC'ing the octave-forge
>> mailing list.
>>
>> The communications package is rather old, it has been released 2.5
>> years go, and seems to no longer be compatible with the latest version
>> of octave. If you have the time and knowledge, we'd be grateful if you
>> could look into it and contribute back.
>>
>> I have added this to the bug report here
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3406734&group_id=2888&atid=102888
>
> AFAIK, the sources in SVN can be compiled with octave 3.4. I submitted
> a fix for teh HDF5 issue a few weeks ago. I think it's just a matter of
> re-releasing a new version of the package.

You were right. I just packaged and released a new version of it,
1.1.0 now available for download.

Thank you,
Carnë