Help Installing a Matlab Toolbox

From: John Merkel
Subject: Help Installing a Matlab Toolbox
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 00:50:16 -0400

Hello,

I'm a new user of Octave.  I'm a teacher, and our school does not have Matlab.  I want to use Octave as an alternative.  I am trying to install a Matlab toolbox called DiscreteWaveletsToolbox, available here:

http://cam.mathlab.stthomas.edu/wavelets/packagesmatlab.php

It is free to use.  I placed the file DiscreteWaveletsToolbox.zip in C:\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\share\octave\packages, where all the other packages are.  I unzipped the file which created a directory tree there.  However, I could not use the functions from the package.  I then tried the "pkg install DiscreteWaveletsToolbox.zip" command, which gave me an error:

octave-3.2.4.exe:11> pkg install DiscreteWaveletsToolbox.zip
unpack: unarchiving program exited with status: 1
'unzip' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

So, I guess my questions are, what do I need to do to install the toolbox?  Do I need to find some DOS version of an 'unzip' command?  Is there another way to install the toolbox?

Any help to get me started would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John