RE: [OctDev] Ubuntu 10.10 binaries to test

From: Veitch, Liam
Subject: RE: [OctDev] Ubuntu 10.10 binaries to test
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 21:29:32 +0100

Juan,

What software did you use to did you create the deb package? On my Lucid system, Octave 3.4.3 compiles without issue and I can install it using 'make install', but If I try using checkinstall to create a deb after compiling I am receiving an error - perhaps there is a better way?

My error is shown below:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

libtool: install: error: relink `liboctinterp.la' with the above command before installing it

make[4]: *** [install-octlibLTLIBRARIES] Error 1

make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/liam/Downloads/octave-3.4.3/src'

make[3]: *** [install-am] Error 2

make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/liam/Downloads/octave-3.4.3/src'

make[2]: *** [install] Error 2

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/liam/Downloads/octave-3.4.3/src'

make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/liam/Downloads/octave-3.4.3'

make: *** [install] Error 2

****  Installation failed. Aborting package creation.

Cleaning up...OK

Bye.